Dreaming of Owning a Holiday Home in St Ives?
If you are dreaming of investing in your very own holiday home in St Ives and want to make sure it will be a good investment, read on as we take you through what you need to know.
Why St Ives is a great place to invest in a holiday home.
The first big question: Is it worth investing in your very own holiday home in St Ives? When it comes to location, St Ives is unbeatable for holiday lettings in Cornwall. With beautiful blue-flag beaches, a busy harbour, fantastic food and drink, independent shops and a world-renowned art scene, St Ives is a popular hot-spot for UK tourism. Coupled with increased demand for self-catering holiday accommodation, the market is steadily increasing as recent events drive further growth in UK holidays.
This high demand means higher occupancy rates and income potential, and not just in high season. St Ives is becoming a popular destination all year round. But it’s not all plain sailing, and we’re here to help you achieve your dream and maximise your profit.
What you need to know about investing in a holiday home in St Ives
- If you are thinking about investing in a holiday home in St Ives, there are a few important factors to consider such as marketing, property management, commission, financial forecasts, regulations and maintenance. Here are some tips…
- Get an accurate income potential forecast – bear in mind seasonal fluctuations in rates and occupancy, plus personal use. We can help you with this.
- As a Furnished Holiday Letting you can apply for Capital Gains Tax Reliefs, and even have the profits count towards your pension. To qualify, your property must be available for let by paying holiday-makers for at least 210 days a year, and lettings must have been agreed for at least 105 of those.
- Regulations – the holiday home sector is heavily regulated. We take care of everything from Gas Safety and PAT Testing through to Fire Risk Assessments and ongoing compliance.
- Maintenance issues can be off putting for many potential owners. If you live away from St Ives, you will need to go to your holiday home to meet tradesmen or utility companies, so using a Management Company with a team of maintenance people and local contacts will ensure any work is done properly and swiftly.
If this seems daunting, you can relax…We are here to hold your hand through the process of finding, financing and buying your new holiday home.
“Thank you to Escape to St Ives for providing the income potential forecast so promptly” Cornwall Property Finders
Finding and letting your holiday home with Escape To St Ives
With over 20 years’ experience in the industry, we’re proud to be a friendly, independent local St Ives provider. We know what works and what it takes to make your St Ives holiday home a success. Our small team are experts and can help you with anything ranging from projected rental returns and mortgage offers through to advice and help with interiors.
Escape to St Ives also takes away the burden of organising routine maintenance, arranging and managing gardeners, equipment servicing, chimney sweeps, safety checks and certificates.We are available 24 hours a day for your guests, offering friendly advice or handling any queries and issues. All this is designed to minimise the impact on your time and to maximise your enjoyment of your Holiday Home.
“Our cottage has been managed by Escape to St Ives for 6 years, and we highly recommend their 5-star service. Their knowledge and experience is invaluable when setting up a holiday cottage, and they offer the full package, including the best cleaning service ever.” Fiona & Chris – Andover
Stop dreaming… start owning
It may seem daunting, but don’t let these factors put you off. St Ives is the perfect place to make your investment, giving you years of enjoyment and extra income to meet your financial goals.
Our team is always here to help you through the process, from finding, financing and buying your holiday home, right through to the choice of curtains! Talk to us today. Call Tracey for an informal chat on 07963 390629 or visit our website